Health Services


Medication forms are available in the health room and School District of Pickens County Website. If your student will need to take medication at school, they will need the parent or guardian to completely fill out a medication form and bring the form and medication in its original container to the nurse in the Health Room near the Front Office at Hagood. This applies to both prescription and over-the-counter medications. Prescription medications will need a physician's signature on the permission form for the school nurse to administer the prescription at school.

Immunization Requirements for School In order to attend school in South Carolina, students must meet the requirements for immunizations. If your student is delinquent in their immunizations, you will be notified by the school nurse.

School Exclusion List South Carolina DHEC publishes a list of illnesses that students may not attend school if they are diagnosed.

Health Promotion Specialists(HPS) provide the option of preventive dental hygiene services at school.

School Nurses

Our school has one school nurse. The school nurse operates the school's health room. The nurse administers minor first aid for illnesses and injuries occurring at school and maintains a record on each child. However, students should be kept at home when they are sick, have a fever, or have an undiagnosed rash. A child should be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.

First Aid

Students who need first aid treatment should report to the school nurse.

If you have questions about Health Services or policies and procedures of the Health Room or need an explanation, please contact Krista Turpin, Hagood's School Nurse.

School District of Pickens County: Student Health Services