New students entering Hagood Elementary should register through the front office. 
Office hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday.

School District of Pickens County Requirements for Registration

 A copy of the student's state-issued birth certificate must be provided to the school at the time of enrollment. Hospital birth reports are not acceptable. If necessary, duplicate birth certificates can be obtained from local county health departments or the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, Vital Records and Public Health Statistics Division at 2600 Bull Street, Columbia, South Carolina, 29201 or from a similar agency in the state of the child's birth.

A valid South Carolina Certificate of Immunization must be presented for all students prior to their enrollment. Certificates of Immunization can be obtained from the Pickens County Health Department at 200 McDaniel Avenue in Pickens or from a private physician.

For a student who is transferring from another school or school district, a transfer/withdrawal form and a copy of the student's last report card should be provided to the school at the time of enrollment. Official transcripts are requested by mail and sent directly to the school. A hand-carried copy will not constitute an official transcript.

In cases where a student's parents are divorced and/or legally separated, the Court Order granting custody must be presented to school personnel and issues addressed prior to enrollment. In addition, a step-parent is NOT to be listed on enrollment forms UNLESS he/she has legal responsibility for the student by an Order of the Court.

In the case of guardianship (not to be confused with parental custody), a copy of the Court Order establishing the guardianship must be approved by and filed at the school district's Office of Student Services, 1348 Griffin Mill Road, Easley, S.C. 29640. Enrollment will not be permitted until the appropriate guardianship has been established and the document is on file. No handwritten "consent" from a parent will be accepted – whether or not it is notarized. Guardianship for enrollment purposes must be granted by Order of the Court.